Sunday 17 October 2010

Rudyard Lake & New clothes

Last week on Sunday afternoon we dashed down after football and lunch to another small railway line Mark had heard about at Rudyard Lake near Leek. (Kai's fascination with trains means the whole family spend many weekends checking out new railways, ideally steam but he''ll take what he can get).
The sun was shining and it was a fab afternoon.  We pulled into the car park and there was a train sitting at the platform so we rushed and got out seats.  Having paid the guard/ driver we relaxed and sat back for a lovely little ride along the side of the lake, waving to the people walking.  Our engine was called Escaliber, and there was a another one running the opposite direction called Pendragon.


When we got to the end of the line Mark got out and decided to "race" us to the visitors centre station.  He set off and thanks to the kids distraction half way of luring him over with a love heart sweet saying "I love you" we managed a draw.

We popped over the bridge to visitors centre for a drink and watched the boat leave before heading for home.

The next week I had to go shopping for something new to wear for an interview.  For the first time in a very long time I bought myself a skirt and top (OK I bought some thin leggings to wear under the skirt but that was instead of a petticoat).   I thought I'd share this with you as many of you won't have seen me in much other than tracksuit bottoms / leggings
Unfortunately I didn't get the job but never mind, there's more to apply for and I'm sure I can fill my time with Pippas Web - Web design

0 comments:

Post a Comment