Sunday 31 October 2010

Halloween 2010

Well we've have Nanna (my Mother-in-law) up for the half term week, and Mark took her back home to Surrey this weekend.  This left me an the kids at home.  So today being halloween turned into a very creative day.

We started by making the jack-o-lantern (something I've never seen or done before).  Alana loved  helping me to pull the insides of the pumpkin out but Kai wasn't too keen on the slimey feel of the seeds and raced off to was his hands.

I'd also bought some gummy sweets that can with gel pens that you could paint decorate the sweets with, which amused this kids too.

 Finally we made some Thomas (the Tank engine) cupcakes which they got to decorate in the afternoon. 
I brought down the bag of dressing up clothes and the kids decided on which costume they wanted to wear.

In the evening Kai decided that he would rather stay at home and give out goodies to trick or treaters than go out and about himself (although we did pop next door to show of my little cuties pies.)

As soon as people knocked on the door (and on a couple of occasions before they had a chance to knock) he'd open the door and hand over his pumpkin bucket full of chocs. 
He even invented a new word rather than trick or treaters he called them "trickles".



Kai kept his costume on until bedtime, although Alana wanted her's off much earlier.  I did like hearing all comments when he opened the door and was still in costume, although quite why the wrestler costume for Halloween I'm not sure. 

Can't believe that tomorrow Kai goes back to school and that's the end of our half term, we've done so much, he probably needs a rest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment