Saturday 25 September 2010

Pony Rides and Mood Swings

Today being Saturday we started with Kai's latest classes and ballet.  His teacher greeted him and said he'd done well last week.  At the end of the session Kai announced his shoes were in.  I'd asked the Ladies who deal with all the money when I'd paid his terms fees about them when we'd arrived but they told me next week.  I was a little concerned to find that elastic to hold them on was only attached on one side.  OK I know I'm dense but didn't realise I'd be left to sew elastic into his ballet shoes, my Homework for the week.

After a brief interlude into town we went to a craft fair at Aston Marina near Stone, there were a few nice little stalls, but not worth the drive over there for us.  The one nice thing was there were a few horses and Shetland ponies doing rides.  Kai and Alana got to ride in the little cart behind the pony.  Alana's welly fell off a couple of times and she slipped down trying to get it, luckily the man with them was keeping and eye out.  But the did have fun. 
The next stop was at the Fire and Rescue HQ, opens day.  I think it was about here we started with Kai refusing to do what we asked, generally getting in strop if things didn't go his way.  Like he wanted a toy police helicopter, I'd said no we got stroppy, I said what about a helmet "I don't want one of those"  ten mins later of please can I have a helicopter he gives up and wants a helmet, by which time I've had enough.
By the number of strops and yelling sessions we've been having lately he's obviously tired from school, but if we put him to bed earlier he just wakes earlier, so what's the point. 
This week, we'll try a week of going to bed  earlier and no sneaky late bedtimes.  See if we can persuade nice Kai to come out and play again, as we know he can be lovely manners (at school) but shame about what happens when he gets home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment